Indian Tikka Chicken with Sauteed Broccoli Recipe
Cook Time: 45 Minutes
Phase: Phase 2
1 fruit (2" dia) Lime
0 1/4 oz Ginger
0 1/2 oz Cilantro
0 1/4 oz Peppermint (Mint)
12 oz raw Chicken Breast
0 1/2 cup Greek Yogurt, plain, unsweetened, whole milk
1 tsp Chili Powder
1 tablespoon Olive Oil
12 oz Broccoli
0 1/4 tsp Salt
0 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 ºF. Cut lime into equal sized wedges; set aside. Peel and finely chop ginger; set aside. Remove the stems from the cilantro leaves and discard. Rough chop cilantro leaves; set aside. Remove the stems from ONLY 1 teaspoon of the mint leaves and discard stems. Finely chop mint leaves; set aside.
- Pat dry chicken breast with paper towels and season with a pinch of salt and pepper. In a medium bowl combine yogurt, ginger, chili powder, HALF of the cilantro and 1 teaspoon of mint and mix well. Add chicken, cover, and marinate for 30 minutes.
- Place the chicken breast on a sheet pan lined with foil and season each chicken breast with a pinch of each salt and pepper
- Place the chicken in the oven and bake for 12 minutes or until fully cooked. Remove from heat and set aside for plating. (USDA recommends cooking chicken to a minimum of 165°F)
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a medium-non stick sauté pan. When the pan is hot, add the broccoli florets and cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until fork tender. Season with a pinch of each salt and pepper.
- Place the chicken and broccoli in the center of two plates. Garnish with lime wedges, remaining cilantro, and mint. Enjoy!
Whether you’re feeding a family or cooking for one, you can update the serving settings above to reveal the required amount of ingredients.