Keto Fluffy Flax Waffles with Turkey Sausage Recipe
Cook Time: 15 Minutes
Phase: Phase 1
1 oz, raw (yield after cooking) Turkey Breakfast Sausage
1 large Egg (Whole)
0 1/16 cup Coconut Milk Unsweetened
0 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
0 1/2 tbsp Canola Vegetable Oil
0 1/2 cup Flax Seed Meal
0 1/2 oz Vanilla Whey Protein
1 1/2 teaspoon Sucralose Based Sweetener (Sugar Substitute)
0 1/4 tsp Baking Powder (Straight Phosphate, Double Acting)
0 1/16 tsp Nutmeg (Ground)
0 1/16 tsp Salt
4 tbsp Maple Syrup (sugar-free)
- Brown sausage in a skillet over medium-high heat until cooked through. Remove excess fat by placing on a paper towel and set aside.
- While the sausage is cooking, preheat a non-stick waffle maker. Spray wells with non-stick spray just before pouring in the batter.
- Combine the egg, 1 Tbsp coconut milk, vanilla and oil in a small bowl. Mix thoroughly with a fork for about 1 minute. Add the flax meal, protein powder, granular sugar substitute, baking powder, nutmeg and salt. Mix thoroughly for 1-2 minutes.
- Pour the batter into the waffle maker (it should fill 4 regular 1/2 -inch waffle slots). Otherwise, simply fill with batter according to your waffle maker instructions. For Belgium waffles this recipe makes 2 1/2 squares.
- Cook for 3-5 minutes until golden brown and set. Or follow your waffle maker instructions. Serve with sugar-free pancake syrup and sausage. These waffles freeze well. Reheat in a toaster for 1-2 minutes.
Whether you’re feeding a family or cooking for one, you can update the serving settings above to reveal the required amount of ingredients.