Chimichurri Steak and Cauliflower Mash Recipe
Cook Time: 45 Minutes
Phase: Phase 2
0 1/4 oz Cilantro
0 1/4 oz Parsley
1 oz Shallots
1 fruit (2-1/8" dia) Lemon
4 tablespoon Olive Oil
0 2/3 tbsp Red Wine Vinegar
0 1/4 tsp Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
1 clove Garlic
12 oz Cauliflower
1 tbsp Sour Cream
1 1/2 tsp Unsalted Butter Stick
16 oz, boneless, raw (yield after cooking) Steak
0 1/2 tsp Salt
0 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- Remove the leaves from the cilantro and parsley stems and discard stems. Place the leaves in the bowl of a food processor. Chop the shallot and add to the herbs. Zest half of the lemon directly into the processor. Juice the lemon into a small bowl, discard the seeds and add the juice to the herbs along with the red wine vinegar, red chili flakes, garlic cloves and ½ teaspoon each of salt and pepper.
- Pulse until all the ingredients are well combined, but not over processed. Pour into a medium bowl and stir in 4 tablespoons of olive oil; hold. Wash and rinse the food processor for use in step 4.
- Add 2 cups of water to a medium sauce pot and insert a steam basket. Place the cauliflower florets in the steamer basket and bring the water to a boil over high heat. Cover and cook until tender, 10 to 12 minutes and drain in a colander.
- Puree the cauliflower in the food processor, adding the florets in small batches. Add the sour cream, butter and ? teaspoon of salt and process until smooth and well combined. Keep warm and hold for plating.
- Pat dry the steaks with paper towels and season with ¼ teaspoon each of salt and pepper. Heat a large non-stick sauté pan over medium-high heat and when the pan is hot, add the steak and sear on one side for 3 to 4 minutes on each side. Remove the steak and place on a cutting board to rest for 5 to 10 minutes. Slice into ¼-inch pieces against the grain.
- Divide the cauliflower mash between two plates. Arrange the steak slices next to the cauliflower and drizzle the chimichurri over the steak. Enjoy!
Whether you’re feeding a family or cooking for one, you can update the serving settings above to reveal the required amount of ingredients.