Cajun Blackened Salmon with Cucumber Relish Recipe
Cook Time: 45 Minutes
Phase: Phase 2
12 oz, boneless, raw SALMON Changing Seas
0 1/4 oz Dill
0 1/2 tsp OREGANO Colonna Brothers
1 individual packet Sucralose Based Sweetener (Sugar Substitute)
1 tbsp PAPRIKA Mojave Foods Corporation
1 lime yields Lime Juice
0 17/48 tsp Basil (Dried)
0 1/4 tsp Red or Cayenne Pepper
2 tablespoon OLIVE OIL Salov North America Corp.
12 oz Cauliflower Tops Markets, LLC
0 1/2 cucumber (8-1/4") Cucumber (with Peel)
0 3/4 tsp SALT Morton Salt, Inc.
0 1/4 oz THYME Sugar 'N Spice, Inc.
- Place 4 cups of water in a medium saucepot over medium-high heat and bring to a boil. Cut the cucumber into ¼-inch dice pieces and place in a medium bowl. Squeeze the lime directly into the bowl with the cucumber; set aside. Remove the dill and thyme leaves from the stems and finely chop the leaves; set aside separately.
- To make the relish, add the splenda, dill, 1 tablespoon of olive oil and a pinch of salt and pepper to the cucumber. Toss well to combine. To create the blackening rub, combine the dried basil, paprika, dried oregano, cayenne, fresh thyme, and ½ teaspoon of salt in a small bowl and stir. Set aside for step 4.
- Add the cauliflower florets, cover, and reduce the heat to medium-low. Let the cauliflower cook for 10 minutes or until tender. Drain a colander and return to the saucepot. Cover and keep warm for step 5.
- Pat dry the salmon with paper towels. Brush each piece of salmon with 2 teaspoons of olive oil and then coat evenly with the blackening rub. Heat a large sauté pan with 1 tablespoon of olive oil over medium-high heat. When the oil is hot, add the salmon and cook for 2 to 3 minutes until blackened. Turn the fish over and cook for 4 to 5 more minutes and the fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Mash the cauliflower and add 1 tablespoon of olive oil, mashing until the oil is incorporated. Season with ¼ teaspoon each of salt and pepper.
- Spoon equal amounts of the mashed cauliflower onto two plates. Place a salmon fillet on top, and then garnish with the cucumber relish. Enjoy!
Whether you’re feeding a family or cooking for one, you can update the serving settings above to reveal the required amount of ingredients.