Basque Eggs with Ham, Tomatoes and Bell Peppers Recipe
Cook Time: 12 Minutes
Phase: Phase 1
1 medium (2-1/2" dia) Onions
6 tablespoon Unsalted Butter Stick
8 oz ROASTED BELL PEPPERS G L Mezzetta, Inc.
0 1/4 tsp Red or Cayenne Pepper
2 plum tomato Red Tomatoes
3 tsp GARLIC Iberia Foods Corporation
6 oz, boneless, cooked Fresh Ham
12 large Egg (Whole)
3 tablespoon EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL Salov North America Corp.
0 1/3 cup(s) Basil, fresh (1 cup= 24 g)
- Heat oil in large heavy skillet over medium heat. Sauté diced onion 5 minutes, until softened; add minced garlic and cook 1 minute more.
- Add diced roasted peppers, diced tomatoes, and cayenne. Cover and cook 10 minutes, until vegetables are very soft, stirring occasionally.
- Uncover and simmer over medium heat until sauce is thick, about 10 minutes, stirring often. Season to taste with salt and pepper. (Mixture can be made up to 2 days ahead and reheated).
- In large bowl, beat eggs until blended. In large nonstick skillet, melt butter over low heat. Add eggs and basil. Cook, stirring constantly with rubber spatula, 12 minutes, until soft curds form and eggs are barely set.
- Add pepper mixture and ham; stir just until mixed.
Whether you’re feeding a family or cooking for one, you can update the serving settings above to reveal the required amount of ingredients.