Baked Quesadillas Recipe
Cook Time: 10 Minutes
Phase: Phase 3
2 tbsp Light Olive Oil
2 tbsp chopped Onions
16 oz Pork Chops or Roasts (Center Rib, Bone-In)
8 oz Monterey Jack Cheese
0 1/4 cup Green Tomato Chile Sauce (Salsa Verde)
1 pepper Jalapeno Peppers
0 1/4 cup Cilantro (Coriander)
0 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
0 1/4 tsp Salt
4 serving Mama Lupe's, 7-inch Low-Carb Tortilla
- Heat oven to 450°F.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook chopped white onion 5 minutes, until softened. If your pork is raw, remove onions from the pan add 1 tsp of oil and cook the pork chops seasoned with salt and freshly ground black pepper for 5-6 minutes per side until cooked through. Cool then dice into bite sized pieces.
- Transfer onions to a bowl. Add cooked diced pork, shredded cheese, green salsa, chopped jalapeño, minced cilantro, pepper and salt. Mix well.
- Brush one side of each tortilla with remaining oil.
- Spoon one-fourth of pork mixture over half of non-oiled side of each tortilla and fold in half over the filling.
- Place on a baking sheet. Bake 5 minutes, until crisp and golden.
Whether you’re feeding a family or cooking for one, you can update the serving settings above to reveal the required amount of ingredients.