Baked Pear Fan Recipe
Cook Time: 40 Minutes
Phase: Phase 3
2 pear, medium (approx 2-1/2 per lb) Pears
1 tablespoon Unsalted Butter Stick
1 tbsp Fresh Lemon Juice
0 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
0 1/4 tsp Ginger (Ground)
0 1/4 tsp Cinnamon
1 fl oz Tap Water
0 1/4 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- To make pear fans: make 1/4-inch slices along the length of each half-pear, starting 1/3 inch from the stem end and cutting all the way down to the rounded end.
- Place butter in a 9-inch-square metal baking dish. Melt butter on the stovetop over medium heat. Add lemon juice, pepper, ginger, cinnamon and water. Mix well.
- Place pears in the pan, rounded side up. Cover with aluminum foil and bake until pears are fork tender, about 40 minutes, turning after 20 minutes.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer pear halves to serving plates and carefully fan them out.
- Stir vanilla into sauce in pan. Place pan on stovetop and cook over medium heat to reduce slightly, about 1 minute. Spoon sauce over pears and serve warm.
We love the idea of customizing this recipe to make it your own! If you add any ingredients, just be sure to keep an eye on net carbs.