Atkins Crab Cakes Recipe
Cook Time: 8 Minutes
Phase: Phase 3
6 Atkins Low Carb Wheat Bread
3 tablespoon Vegetable Oil
1 medium (approx 2-3/4" long, 2-1/2" dia) Sweet Red Peppers
3 medium (4-1/8" long) Scallions or Spring Onions
1 lb Blue Crab (Canned)
16 tbsp Real Mayonnaise
3 tbsp Parsley
1 1/2 tsp Old Bay Seasoning Salt
2 fruit without seeds Lemons (with Peel)
DIRECTIONSMake bread crumbs from 6 slices of Atkins Low Carb Wheat Bread. Toast for a few minutes until quite dry then process in a food processor into bread crumbs (or use staled bread which has been left uncovered to dry out). Old Bay seasoning is available in the spice and herb section of most well-stocked supermarkets.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Cook diced bell pepper and green onions until softened, about 3 minutes.
- Transfer vegetables to a large bowl. Add crab, 2 tablespoons low-carb bread crumbs, mayonnaise, minced parsley and Old Bay seasoning. Mix with a fork until just combined, being careful not to over mix. Cover and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- To assemble crab cakes: Sprinkle the inside of a 1/3-cup measuring cup (for solids) with a thin layer of breadcrumbs. Fill measure with crab mixture and sprinkle a layer of breadcrumbs on top. Pack lightly using hands or another measuring cup. Invert crab cake onto a plastic-wrap lined baking sheet. Repeat with remaining breadcrumbs and crab mixture to make 8 crab cakes.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 1 hour or up to 24 hours.
- To cook, heat 1 tablespoon oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Transfer crab cakes to skillet using a broad metal spatula. Cook 3-4 minutes per side, until golden brown and crisp. Serve with lemon wedges.
Whether you’re feeding a family or cooking for one, you can update the serving settings above to reveal the required amount of ingredients.