Asparagus, Mushrooms and Peas Recipe
Cook Time: 25 Minutes
Phase: Phase 2
3 tablespoon Unsalted Butter Stick
3 medium (4-1/8" long) Scallions or Spring Onions
1 tsp Garlic
1 or 3oz each Portobello Mushroom Caps
0 1/4 cup Vinegar (Cider)
1 cup Tap Water
1 lb Asparagus
0 1/2 cup Green Peas
2 tbsp Heavy Cream
8 leaves Basil
0 1/4 dash Salt
0 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- In a large skillet, melt 2 tablespoons butter over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium. Add finely diced scallions, and cook until green portion is wilted, about 3 minutes.
- Add minced garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add remaining tablespoon butter; when melted, add chopped mushrooms. Cook, stirring occasionally, until mushrooms are softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add vinegar, and cook for 2 minutes.
- Pour the water into skillet. Add asparagus, and bring to boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium, and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add peas, and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add heavy cream, and continue to simmer until sauce thickens, about 2 minutes.
- Transfer to a serving bowl, stir in basil, and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan, if desired. Serve immediately.
Having a party? When planning your low carb spread, think about which dishes you can make in advance and which need fresh ingredients that day.