Pumpkin Pie with Pecan Crust
Cook Time: 15 Minutes
Phase: Phase 3
- 1/3 Cup whole-wheat pastry flour
- 2/3 Cup All Purpose Low-Carb Baking Mix
- 1/2 Cup pecans, finely ground
- 1 Cup granular sugar substitute (sucralose), divided
- 6 Tablespoon or 1/3 cup chilled butter, cut into 12 pieces
- 2 Tablespoon ice water
- 15 Ounce canned puréed pumpkin
- 1 Teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 Teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 Teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 Teaspoon salt
- 2 Each large eggs
- 1 1/4 Cup heavy cream
- Heat oven to 425ºF.
- In a large bowl whisk together flour, baking mix, pecans and 1/4 cup sugar substitute. Cut in butter with a pastry blender or two knives until butter pieces are about the size of peas. Add the ice water; stir to combine.
- Transfer crust mixture to a 9-inch pie plate. Press along bottom and sides of pie plate to form a crust. Place in freezer to harden, about 15 minutes.
- Cover crust with aluminum foil and bake 15 minutes; remove from oven and take off foil. Reduce oven to 375ºF.
- In a bowl, whisk pumpkin purée, 3/4 cup sugar substitute, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, and salt to combine. Mix in eggs, one at a time. Add heavy cream and mix well.
- Pour filling into partially baked piecrust. Cover crust edge with aluminum foil. Bake 40 minutes, or until filling is set but still a little jiggly in the middle. Cook on a wire rack. Makes 8 servings.