Pumpkin Pie with Pecan Crust
Cook Time: 44 Minutes
Phase: Phase 3
- 15 Oz Pumpkin (Without Salt, Canned)
- 0.5 Halves Pecans
- 1 Cup Sucralose Based Sweetener (Sugar Substitute)
- 1 Oz Tap Water
- 0.25 Tsp Cloves (Ground)
- 6 Tbsp Unsalted Butter Stick
- 0.75 Tsp Ginger (Ground)
- 2 Large Egg (Whole)
- 1.32 Cup 100% Stone Ground Whole Wheat Pastry Flour
- 0.25 Tsp Salt
- 1.25 Cup Heavy Cream
- 1 Tsp Cinnamon
- Heat oven to 425ºF.
- In a large bowl whisk together flour, baking mix, pecans and 1/4 cup sugar substitute. Cut in butter with a pastry blender or two knives until butter pieces are about the size of peas. Add the ice water; stir to combine.
- Transfer crust mixture to a 9-inch pie plate. Press along bottom and sides of pie plate to form a crust. Place in freezer to harden, about 15 minutes.
- Cover crust with aluminum foil and bake 15 minutes; remove from oven and take off foil. Reduce oven to 375ºF.
- In a bowl, whisk pumpkin purée, 3/4 cup sugar substitute, ground cinnamon, ginger, cloves, and salt to combine. Mix in eggs, one at a time. Add heavy cream and mix well.
- Pour filling into partially baked piecrust. Cover crust edge with aluminum foil. Bake 40 minutes, or until filling is set but still a little jiggly in the middle. Cook on a wire rack. Makes 8 servings.