Keto Peppermint Pattie Pots Recipe
Cook Time: 10 Minutes
Phase: Phase 1
0 1/8 tsp SALT Morton Salt, Inc.
2 large Egg Yolk
0 1/4 cup HEAVY CREAM Whole Foods Market, Inc.
1 tablespoon Unsalted Butter Stick
2 oz Lily's Sugar Free Chocolate Chips
2 cup Coconut Milk (canned)
0 1/2 cup Erythritol
0 3/4 tsp Peppermint Extract
0 1/2 tsp Thick-It-Up
- Place 1 3/4 cups of the coconut milk in a sauce pan with the granular sugar substitute and salt. Bring to a simmer over medium heat.
- While the milk is heating, whisk the egg yolks with the remaining 1/4 cup coconut milk. Once the milk mixture is hot slowly whisk it into the egg yolks to temper them. Once all the milk has been incorporated pour the mixture back into the sauce pan over medium heat; stirring often with a wooden spoon.
- Whisk the Thick-It-Up (xanthan gum may be substituted) it into the milk and egg mixture; continue to stir while cooking to be sure the egg does not curdle. Cook until it begins to thicken; about 2-3 minutes. Do not allow it to boil.
- Take off the heat once thickened and add the peppermint extract and butter. Mix until all the butter has melted. Pour into a medium bowl, cover with plastic wrap, and cool quickly over an ice water bath. Once cooled refrigerate until cold; about 2 hours.
- Just before serving place the heavy cream in a small sauce pan and heat gently over medium heat until warm. Add the chocolate, take off the heat, and allow the chocolate to melt. Once melted whisk to combine and set aside.
- Place 1/4 cup chilled peppermint pudding into a small serving bowl. Top with one tablespoon chocolate, may be refrigerated again or served immediately. If refrigerating the chocolate will harden slightly.
We love the idea of customizing this recipe to make it your own! If you add any ingredients, just be sure to keep an eye on net carbs.