Low Carb Pizza Crust with Almond Flour Recipe
Cook Time: 22 Minutes
Phase: Phase 1
0 1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese (Grated)
3 tablespoon Tap Water
0 1/2 tsp XYLITOL Now Health Group Inc.
0 1/2 tsp Baking Powder (Straight Phosphate, Double Acting)
1 1/2 cup BLANCHED ALMOND FLOUR Target Stores
0 3/4 tsp BASIL Casa Imports Inc.
1 Tbsp APPLE CIDER VINEGAR Mizkan America, Inc.
0 1/4 tsp Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
1 large Egg (Whole)
0 3/4 tsp OREGANO Colonna Brothers
1 tablespoon EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL Salov North America Corp.
DIRECTIONSThis low carb pizza crust recipe is suitable for all phases except for the first two weeks of Induction due to the nuts.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Whisk together the wet ingredients (egg, water, vinegar, and oil) in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Add all the dry ingredients (almond flour through red pepper) to a medium bowl. Mix until ingredients are evenly distributed and any lumps in the flour or cheese are broken up. Add the wet ingredients and stir to form a thick dough.
- Prepare a pizza pan or sheet pan with greased parchment paper. Using wet fingers, press the dough into a roughly 12-inch diameter, ¼-inch thick round on the parchment paper.
- Prebake the low carb pizza crust without any toppings for 20 minutes, until lightly golden and crisp around the edges.
- Allow to cool for about 5 minutes before layering desired toppings. Place back in the oven for a few minutes to warm the toppings and melt the cheese. Makes 8 slices.
Variations: To make a crispy, more cracker like crust, prebake for another 5-10 minutes and allow to cool for about 20 minutes before topping. For breadsticks, form 8, 1-inch thick breadstick shaped mounds and cook for 25-30 minutes.
Check out our Traditional Pizza Sauce recipe to get you started, and be sure to keep track of net carbs when choosing your toppings.