Phase Four: Living A Low Carb Lifestyle | Atkins Lifestyle
If you can accept that Phase 4 is a lifestyle and act accordingly, most likely you will never have to “diet" again. Does that mean you won't ever regain a few pounds? Of course not. But now you possess the tools and skills to turn around any situation. Here's why:
- You've transitioned from phase to phase, gradually increasing your carb intake, as you worked toward a permanent way of eating.
- By reintroducing foods one by one, you know which, if any, could spell trouble for you.
- You now know which foods you can do without and which you can love but must eat in moderation.
- You've learned how to be alert to signals of cravings or undue hunger and how to respond before you lose control.
- You've discovered how to substitute certain low-carb foods for high-carb ones, treat other foods as garnishes, and more.
- More important, you've come to trust the Atkins program and experience the pleasure of feeling good, both physically and emotionally.