Wild Mushroom Stuffing
Cook Time: 60 Minutes
Phase: Phase 2
- 3 tbsp Unsalted Butter Stick
- 0.25 tbsp chopped Shallots
- 4 tsp Garlic
- 32 oz Mushroom Pieces and Stems
- 1 tsp Salt
- 0.25 tsp Black Pepper
- 4 fl oz Sweet Dessert Wine
- 0.25 tbsp Parsley
- 2 tsp Thyme
- 1 cup Chicken Broth, Bouillon or Consomme
- 0.5 cup Heavy Cream
- 1 large Egg (Whole)
- 9 serving Atkins Cuisine Bread
- Heat oven to 350°F. Butter an 11x7-inch baking dish.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add shallots and garlic; sauté 2 minutes. Add mushrooms, salt and pepper; cook until mushrooms release moisture and the moisture evaporates, about 8 minutes.
- Stir in Madeira; cook until liquid evaporates, about 6 minutes. Remove from heat. Place mushroom mixture in a large mixing bowl. Add bread, parsley and thyme; toss gently.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together broth, cream and egg; pour over mushroom mixture and toss to coat. Transfer mixture to the prepared baking dish. Bake until golden and set, about 45 minutes.