Wild Mushroom Stuffing
Cook Time: 40 Minutes
Phase: Phase 2
- 0.5 Cup Heavy Cream
- 0.25 Tbsp chopped Shallots
- 1 Large Egg (Whole)
- 3 Tablespoon Unsalted Butter Stick
- 32 Oz Mushroom Pieces and Stems
- 4 Fl oz Sweet Dessert Wine
- 4 Tsp Garlic
- 0.25 Tbsp Parsley
- 0.25 Tsp Black Pepper
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 2 Tsp Thyme
- 1 Cup Chicken Broth, Bouillon or Consomme
- Heat oven to 350°F. Butter an 11x7-inch baking dish.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add shallots and garlic; sauté 2 minutes. Add mushrooms, salt and pepper; cook until mushrooms release moisture and the moisture evaporates, about 8 minutes.
- Stir in Madeira; cook until liquid evaporates, about 6 minutes. Remove from heat. Place mushroom mixture in a large mixing bowl. Add bread, parsley and thyme; toss gently.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together broth, cream and egg; pour over mushroom mixture and toss to coat. Transfer mixture to the prepared baking dish. Bake until golden and set, about 45 minutes.