Wild Mushroom Stuffing
Cook Time: 60 Minutes
Phase: Phase 2
- 3 Tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1/4 Cup sliced shallots
- 9 Each garlic cloves, minced
- 2 Pound assorted wild mushrooms, coarsely chopped
- 1 Teaspoon salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 Cup Madeira wine
- 9 Serving Atkins Cuisine Bread, torn into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/4 Cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 Teaspoon fresh thyme
- 1 Cup chicken broth
- 1/2 Cup heavy cream
- 1 Each large egg, lightly beaten
- Heat oven to 350°F. Butter an 11x7-inch baking dish.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add shallots and garlic; sauté 2 minutes. Add mushrooms, salt and pepper; cook until mushrooms release moisture and the moisture evaporates, about 8 minutes.
- Stir in Madeira; cook until liquid evaporates, about 6 minutes. Remove from heat. Place mushroom mixture in a large mixing bowl. Add bread, parsley and thyme; toss gently.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together broth, cream and egg; pour over mushroom mixture and toss to coat. Transfer mixture to the prepared baking dish. Bake until golden and set, about 45 minutes.