Spicy Maple Chicken Wings
Cook Time: 45 Minutes
Phase: Phase 1
- 1 Cup tomato purée
- 1 Cup water
- 1/2 Cup sugar-free pancake syrup
- 2 Tablespoon poultry seasoning
- 1 1/2 Teaspoon chopped garlic
- 2 Pound chicken wings
- In a large saucepot over high heat, bring tomato purée, water, syrup, chicken seasoning and garlic to a boil.
- Separate the wings at the joint and discard the wing tips. Add wings to pot, turn heat down to low, cover and simmer 5 minutes. Uncover and cook 20 minutes more until wings are cooked through. Transfer wings to a platter and continue cooking until liquid thickens to form a glaze, about 10 more minutes.
- Season to taste with hot sauce (Tobasco, if desired), salt and pepper. Add chicken wings back to pot and toss to coat well.
- Heat broiler; arrange wings on broiler pan. Broil until crisp, about 5 minutes per side.