Spicy Maple Chicken Wings
Cook Time: 45 Minutes
Phase: Phase 1
- 8 oz Crushed Tomatoes (Canned)
- 1 cup (8 fl oz) Water
- 0.5 cup Sugar Free Maple Flavored Syrup
- 2 tbsp Poultry Seasoning
- 1.5 tsp Garlic
- 32 oz, with bone (yield after cooking, bone removed) Chicken Wing
- In a large saucepot over high heat, bring tomato purée, water, syrup, chicken seasoning and garlic to a boil.
- Separate the wings at the joint and discard the wing tips. Add wings to pot, turn heat down to low, cover and simmer 5 minutes. Uncover and cook 20 minutes more until wings are cooked through. Transfer wings to a platter and continue cooking until liquid thickens to form a glaze, about 10 more minutes.
- Season to taste with hot sauce (Tobasco, if desired), salt and pepper. Add chicken wings back to pot and toss to coat well.
- Heat broiler; arrange wings on broiler pan. Broil until crisp, about 5 minutes per side.