Shrimp Cocktail with Two Sauces
Cook Time: 20 Minutes
Phase: Phase 1
- 24 Each large or jumbo shrimp
- 2 Tablespoon horseradish sauce
- 1 Tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1/2 Each red bell pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 Teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 Tablespoon green salsa
- 1/4 Cup parsley leaves, stems removed
- 1 Each green onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 Teaspoon olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon chopped chives
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Peel shrimp (leave tails on, if desired). Remove black veins from each shrimp with a small sharp knife; rinse shrimp. Cook shrimp 3 to 5 minutes just until opaque and cooked through. Remove with a slotted spoon and refresh under cold water (shrimp may be made 1 day ahead).
- In a food processor or blender, process horseradish, mayonnaise, bell pepper and Worcestershire sauce until fairly smooth. Transfer to a bowl; clean bowl of food processor.
- Process salsa, parsley, onion and oil until fairly smooth. On each serving plate, place 1 tablespoon red sauce and 1 tablespoon green sauce side by side.
- Spread sauces out toward the edge of the plate with the tip of a knife. Arrange 4 shrimp in a circular pattern over sauce.
- Sprinkle with chopped chives and serve