Cook Time: 40 Minutes
Phase: Phase 2
- 8 Serving Atkins Cuisine Bread
- 2 Pound ground pork
- 1/2 Teaspoon salt
- 1 Teaspoon fennel seeds
- 6 Tablespoon salted butter
- 1 1/2 Cup diced celery
- 1 Each onion, chopped
- 4 Teaspoon ground sage
- 14 1/2 Ounce chicken broth
- 3 Each large eggs, beaten
- 1/2 Cup chopped Italian parsley
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Cut bread into 1/2-inch cubes; transfer to a large bowl.
- In a large skillet, over medium heat, brown pork with salt and fennel seeds; drain. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Wipe out pan, melt 3 tablespoons butter, add celery and onion. Cook 5 minutes until vegetables are softened; stir in sage; cook 2 minute more. Add chicken broth; stir well. Pour vegetable mixture over bread cubes, toss gently.
- Add pork, eggs and parsley. Toss gently to combine. Stuffing should be moist. Transfer to a buttered casserole. Dot top of stuffing with remaining 3 tablespoons butter.
- Bake 40 minutes, turning once halfway through baking time.