Cook Time: 20 Minutes
Phase: Phase 1
- 4 Ounce sugar-free chocolate
- 4 Ounce sugar-free chocolate, chopped
- 2 Tablespoon heavy cream
- 1 Tablespoon unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla or peppermint extract
- Place chocolate in a small microwavable bowl; set aside. Place cream and butter in another small microwavable bowl; set aside.
- Microwave chocolate for 30 seconds on medium; repeat for another 30 seconds. Microwave the bowl of chocolate a third time, along with the bowl of cream and butter, for another 30 seconds. Remove and pour the hot cream and butter mixture over the partially melted chocolate; let sit 1 minute. Stir to completely melt the chocolate and smooth the mixture. Add extract and thoroughly mix. If the chocolate isn't completely melted, return to the microwave for an additional 20 seconds.
- Place the bowl in the refrigerator, covered with plastic wrap, for about 1 hour or until firm.
- Working quickly to avoid melting, form 12 equal-size balls of the chocolate mixture with your fingers, immediately roll in a small amount of unsweetened cocoa powder or roll each in the peppermint candies (optional) to coat evenly. Set on a serving plate. Serve right away or refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 5 days. 2 truffles per serving.