Passover Nut Torte with Raspberry Sauce
Cook Time: 35 Minutes
Phase: Phase 2
- 1 Each cooking spray for greasing the pan
- 2/3 Cup granular sugar substitute (sucralose), divided
- 8 Each large eggs, separated
- 3/4 Cup hazelnuts, finely ground
- 1 Teaspoon orange zest
- 20 Ounce 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen unsweetened raspberries, thawed
- 2 Tablespoon lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 9-inch springform pan with oil spray and dust with sugar substitute.
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed, mix egg yolks and 1/2 cup sugar substitute until creamy and fluffy, about 4 minutes. Fold in nuts and zest with a rubber spatula.
- In another large bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed, beat whites until stiff peaks form, about 4 minutes. Fold one third of the whites into nut batter, then fold in the remainder.
- Transfer batter to pan and bake until cake springs back when lightly touched in center, about 35 minutes. Cool in pan on a rack 30 minutes before removing.
- While cake is cooling, purée raspberries and lemon juice in a food processor or blender until smooth. Sweeten to taste with granular sugar substitute about 2 tablespoons.