Cook Time: 20 Minutes
Phase: Phase 1
- 0.33 Cup Parmesan Cheese (Grated)
- 0.5 Cup, chopped Onions
- 1 Tablespoon Unsalted Butter Stick
- 8 Oz, raw (yield after cooking) Italian Sausage
- 1 Tsp, leaves Basil (Dried)
- 2 Tbsp Tap Water
- 1 Tsp Garlic
- 0.25 Tsp Salt
- 0.25 Tsp Black Pepper
- 1 Serving Light Olive Oil
- 8 Large Egg (Whole)
- 1 Large Zucchini
- Preheat broiler.
- Heat the oil and butter in a large, ovenproof skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and white onion and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes, or until softened. Add the zucchini and basil and cook for 5 6 minutes, stirring occasionally, until soft but not limp. Add the sausage and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, water, salt and pepper. Pour the egg mixture into the hot pan over the meat and vegetable mixture. Let cook for a few seconds, undisturbed, then use a spatula to move the eggs toward the center while tilting the pan to let the uncooked eggs run to the sides. Continue cooking and moving the egg mixture for 4 5 minutes, or until the eggs are almost set (they will still be moist on the top).
- Sprinkle with cheese and place under the broiler until the eggs are cooked on top and the cheese is melted and bubbly, about 2 3 minutes.
- Cut in quarters and serve immediately.