Herbed Smoked Salmon in Tomato Halves with Jicama Salad
Cook Time: 20 Minutes
Phase: Phase 4
- 1/2 Each medium tomato, core and seeds removed
- 1/8 Teaspoon Italian seasoning or herb blend
- 1/8 Teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 Ounce smoked salmon (lox)
- 1 1/4 Each large eggs
- 1/2 Tablespoon fresh chives
- 1/4 Teaspoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 Tablespoon cream cheese
- 1 Cup sliced fennel
- 1/2 Cup chopped jicama
- 1 Serving Sweet Mustard Dressing
- 1/2 Cup cooked wild rice
- Preheat broiler.
- Cut tomato in half and scoop out seeds. Drizzle with a little olive oil and sprinkle with herbs. Broil for about 3 minutes to heat up tomato. Turn off broiler and close oven door.
- Meanwhile, cook the eggs, salmon, cream cheese and chives together in a nonstick skillet.
- Remove tomato from the oven and fill with the egg mixture. Sprinkle with the Parmesan cheese.
- Cook wild rice according to package instructions.
- Combine the fennel and diced jicama with the dressing. Serve with rice and tomato.