Grilled Cheddar Burger with Avocado, Tomato and Coleslaw
Cook Time: 30 Minutes
Phase: Phase 1
- 1/4 Pound medium head of cabbage, halved and cored
- 1/8 Cup mayonnaise
- 1/16 Cup sour cream
- 1/4 Tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1/8 Tablespoon granular sugar substitute (sucralose)
- 1/8 Teaspoon salt
- 1/8 Teaspoon celery seed
- 6 Ounce ground beef
- 1 Ounce slice of Cheddar
- 1/2 Each Hass avocado, sliced
- 2 Piece 1/2-inch slices of tomato
- Cut cabbage into halves, core and thinly slice. Transfer to a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, sour cream, cider vinegar, sugar substitute, celery seed and salt. Pour dressing over cabbage. Mix until thoroughly combined and refrigerate at least 30 minutes before serving for flavors to blend.
- Preheat grill or broiler. Form ground beef into a patty and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Cook until desired doneness, about 5 minutes per side. Top with Cheddar during last minute of cooking to melt the cheese. Add avocado and tomato to the burger and serve immediately with the coleslaw.