Cook Time: 12 Minutes
Phase: Phase 1
- 1 Each medium eggplant
- 1 Each medium tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1 Each small green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 Each small onion, finely chopped
- 1 Each garlic clove, pushed through a press
- 1/4 Cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 Tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- Prick eggplant in several places with a fork. Broil or place directly over a gas flame on stovetop about 15 minutes, turning frequently, until skin is charred all over and eggplant is soft. Set aside until cool enough to handle. Peel skin. Place eggplant in a colander for 15 minutes to drain bitter juices.
- In a large bowl, mix tomato, pepper, onion, garlic, oil and vinegar. Finely chop eggplant pulp with a knife; add to bowl. Mix until thoroughly combined, season to taste with salt and pepper. Refrigerate at least 2 hours for flavors to blend. Sprinkle with parsley before serving.