Cook Time: 120 Minutes
Phase: Phase 1
- 1 Medium (approx 2-3/4" long, 2-1/2" dia) Green Sweet Pepper
- 1 Medium whole (2-3/5" dia) Red Tomatoes
- 1 Eggplant, unpeeled (approx 1-1/4 lb) Eggplant
- 0.5 Tsp Garlic
- 2 Tbsp Parsley
- 0.25 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Serving Red Wine Vinegar
- 0.5 Small Onions
- Prick eggplant in several places with a fork. Broil or place directly over a gas flame on stovetop about 15 minutes, turning frequently, until skin is charred all over and eggplant is soft. Set aside until cool enough to handle. Peel skin. Place eggplant in a colander for 15 minutes to drain bitter juices.
- In a large bowl, mix tomato, pepper, white onion, garlic, oil and vinegar. Finely chop eggplant pulp with a knife; add to bowl. Mix until thoroughly combined, season to taste with salt and pepper. Refrigerate at least 2 hours for flavors to blend. Sprinkle with parsley before serving.