Decadent Chocolate Cake
Cook Time: 15 Minutes
Phase: Phase 1
- 0.5 Cup Unsalted Butter Stick
- 4 Oz Unsweetened Baking Chocolate Squares
- 1 Tbsp Tap Water
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 Tbsp Cocoa Powder (Unsweetened)
- 0.75 Cup Sucralose Based Sweetener (Sugar Substitute)
- 6 Large Egg (Whole)
- Heat oven to 325°F. Grease an 8-inch spring form pan and line the bottom with parchment paper; grease paper and set aside.
- Melt chocolate, butter and water in the top of a double boiler set over simmering water, stirring to combine. Remove from heat and transfer to a large bowl; cool to room temperature. Add ¼ cup of the sugar substitute, the cocoa powder and vanilla extract to chocolate mixture, stirring until combined.
- In a medium bowl, with an electric mixer on medium-high, beat eggs until mixture forms thick ribbons when beater is lifted, about 6 minutes. Reduce speed to medium; gradually add remaining ½ cup sugar substitute and beat until combined, 1 minute. Stir one-third of the egg mixture into the chocolate mixture to lighten. In two additions, fold in remaining egg mixture until well combined.
- Pour batter into prepared pan, smoothing top. Bake until evenly risen and almost set, 40-45 minutes (it will look like a brownie). Cool completely on a wire rack. To serve, run a knife around edge of pan and remove rim. Cut into 12 pieces and serve with whipped cream (optional).