Cream of Tomato-Basil Soup
Cook Time: 30 Minutes
Phase: Phase 2
- 1 Tbsp Unsalted Butter Stick
- 7 Long) Scallions or Spring Onions
- 2 Clove Garlic
- 4 Cup Whole Peeled Plum Tomatoes
- 2 Cup Chicken Broth, Bouillon or Consomme
- 8 Tbsps Basil
- 0.5 Tsp Black Pepper
- 0.5 Tsp Salt
- 1.5 Tbsp Heavy Cream
- 1 Ice) Brandy
- 2 Tbsp Tomato Paste
- Melt butter in a large saucepan. Add scallions and garlic (minced); cook over medium heat until scallions are softened, stirring frequently.
- Add strained tomatoes, broth, sliced basil leaves, pepper and salt; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; cover, and simmer 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat.
- Transfer tomato mixture, in batches, to a blender, and carefully pulse until basil is finely chopped. Return to saucepan. Stir in cream, brandy and tomato paste. Heat over low heat until very hot. Do not boil.
- Divide between serving bowls, garnish with basil leaves, and serve.