Cream of Tomato-Basil Soup
Cook Time: 20 Minutes
Phase: Phase 2
- 1 Tablespoon unsalted butter
- 7 Each scallions, finely chopped
- 2 Teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 Cup Pomi strained tomatoes
- 2 Cup chicken broth
- 1 Cup thinly sliced basil leaves
- 1/2 Teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 Teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 Cup heavy cream
- 2 Tablespoon brandy
- 2 Tablespoon tomato paste
- Melt butter in a large saucepan. Add scallions and garlic; cook over medium heat until scallions are softened, stirring frequently.
- Add strained tomatoes, broth, sliced basil leaves, pepper and salt; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; cover, and simmer 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat.
- Transfer tomato mixture, in batches, to a blender, and carefully pulse until basil is finely chopped. Return to saucepan. Stir in cream, brandy and tomato paste. Heat over low heat until very hot. Do not boil.
- Divide between serving bowls, garnish with basil leaves, and serve.