Cream of Tomato-Basil Soup
Cook Time: 30 Minutes
Phase: Phase 2
- 1 tbsp Unsalted Butter Stick
- 7 medium (4-1/8" long) Scallions or Spring Onions
- 2 clove Garlic
- 2 cup Whole Peeled Plum Tomatoes
- 2 cup Chicken Broth, Bouillon or Consomme
- 16 tbsps Basil
- 0.5 tsp Black Pepper
- 0.5 tsp Salt
- 1.5 tbsp Heavy Cream
- 1 fl oz (no ice) Brandy
- 2 tbsp Tomato Paste
- Melt butter in a large saucepan. Add scallions and garlic (minced); cook over medium heat until scallions are softened, stirring frequently.
- Add strained tomatoes, broth, sliced basil leaves, pepper and salt; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; cover, and simmer 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat.
- Transfer tomato mixture, in batches, to a blender, and carefully pulse until basil is finely chopped. Return to saucepan. Stir in cream, brandy and tomato paste. Heat over low heat until very hot. Do not boil.
- Divide between serving bowls, garnish with basil leaves, and serve.