Classic Apple Tart
Cook Time: 45 Minutes
Phase: Phase 4
- 5 medium (2-3/4" dia) (approx 3 per lb) Apples (Without Skin)
- 0.25 cup Sucralose Based Sweetener (Sugar Substitute)
- 0.75 tsp Cinnamon
- 0.13 tsp Nutmeg (Ground)
- 1 serving Atkins Cuisine Pie Crust
- 1 tbsp Unsalted Butter Stick
- Prepare Atkins Cuisine Pie Crust (see recipe) and press evenly into a 10-inch tart pan with removable bottom. Freeze 15 minutes.
- Heat oven to 350°F. In a large bowl, combine apples, sugar substitute, cinnamon and nutmeg. Toss until apples are evenly coated. Spoon into crust; dot top with butter.
- Bake tart 30 minutes. Cover loosely with foil and bake 10 to 20 minutes more, until apples are tender when pierced with the tip of a knife. Cool tart on wire rack.
- Serve warm or at room temperature, with ice cream and praline sauce, if desired.