Classic Apple Tart
Cook Time: 45 Minutes
Phase: Phase 4
- 8 Serving Atkins Cuisine Pie Crust
- 5 Each medium apples; peeled, cored and sliced
- 1/4 Cup granular sugar substitute (sucralose)
- 3/4 Teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 Teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 Tablespoon unsalted butter, in small pieces
- Prepare Atkins Cuisine Pie Crust (see recipe) and press evenly into a 10-inch tart pan with removable bottom. Freeze 15 minutes.
- Heat oven to 350°F. In a large bowl, combine apples, sugar substitute, cinnamon and nutmeg. Toss until apples are evenly coated. Spoon into crust; dot top with butter.
- Bake tart 30 minutes. Cover loosely with foil and bake 10 to 20 minutes more, until apples are tender when pierced with the tip of a knife. Cool tart on wire rack.
- Serve warm or at room temperature, with ice cream and praline sauce, if desired.