Chicken Pot Pie
Cook Time: 50 Minutes
Phase: Phase 3
- 2 Tbsp Thick-It-Up
- 0.67 cup Chicken Broth, Bouillon or Consomme
- 1 medium Carrots
- 2 stalk medium (7-1/2" - 8" long) Celery
- 0.5 tsp Fennel Seed
- 0.5 cup Heavy Cream
- 2 tbsp Parsley
- 1 small Onions
- 24 oz boneless, cooked Chicken Breast
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place chicken, broth, yellow onion, carrot, celery and fennel seeds in a medium saucepot. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes, until chicken is cooked through and vegetables are tender. Strain stock into a small saucepan.
- Mix in cream; bring to a boil. Stir in thickener; cook 2 minutes until mixture thickens. Pour sauce over chicken and vegetables; stir to coat. Mix in parsley. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Spoon chicken mixture into a 9-inch diameter dish pie plate. Lay dough over filling; press down edges with tines of a fork to adhere to pie plate rim.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes, until crust is golden and baked through (Cover edges of dough with aluminum foil if browning too quickly). Makes 6 servings.