Cook Time: Minutes
Phase: Phase 1
- 4 tbsp Real Mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp Anchovy Paste
- 0.5 fl oz Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 0.5 tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 tsp Garlic
- 1 tsp Dijon Mustard
- 0.25 tsp Salt
- 0.25 tsp Black Pepper
- 0.13 tsp Tabasco Sauce
- 7 tbsp Parmesan Cheese (Grated)
- 1 head Cos or Romaine Lettuce
- 8 anchovy Anchovy (Drained Solids In Oil, Canned)
DIRECTIONSTraditionally, Caesar salad is served with croutons. Once you're in Phase 2, you can top this salad with low-carb croutons. To make them, cut 2 slices of low-carb bread in 1/2-inch cubes and toss with 2 teaspoons of virgin olive oil, 1/4 teaspoon of salt and 1/4 teaspoon of freshly ground black pepper. Spread on a baking sheet and bake in a preheated 350°F oven for 6 8 minutes until golden brown. They can be made up to 1 day ahead.
- To make the dressing: in a small bowl, whisk mayonnaise, anchovy paste, lemon juice, oil, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, mustard, salt, pepper and a splash of Tabasco until smooth. Stir in 3 tablespoons of the cheese.
- Toss lettuce with dressing until evenly coated. Divide on plates; top with remaining cheese and 2 anchovies per plate (optional).