Broccoli Rabe Parmigiano
Cook Time: 10 Minutes
Phase: Phase 1
- 2 Tablespoon virgin olive oil
- 2 Each large cloves garlic, pushed through a press or finely diced
- 1/4 Teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 Pound broccoli rabe, trimmed
- 1/4 Cup water
- 2 Tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 Teaspoon grated fresh lemon zest
- 1/8 Teaspoon salt
- 1/8 Teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 Cup grated Parmesan cheese
DIRECTIONSBroccoli rabe has 6- to 9-inch stalks and scattered clusters of tiny broccoli-like buds. It has a more bitter taste than its more familiar cousin. It takes beautifully to sautéing or braising. Feel free to substitute broccoli in this recipe if you prefer. Cut a 2-pound head of broccoli into small florets, then peel the stems and cut in 1/2-inch pieces.
- In a large, deep skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add garlic and pepper flakes; sauté 30 seconds.
- Add broccoli rabe, water, lemon juice and lemon zest; mix well. Cover skillet and cook over medium heat 8 minutes or until broccoli rabe is crisp-tender.
- Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Transfer to a serving dish and sprinkle with Parmesan.