Broccoli Rabe Parmigiano
Cook Time: 15 Minutes
Phase: Phase 1
- 0.5 Cup Parmesan Cheese (Grated)
- 2 Tbsp Lemon Peel
- 2 Tbsp Lemon Juice (Canned or Bottled)
- 1 Serving Crushed Red Pepper
- 2 Lb Broccoli
- 0.25 Cup Tap Water
- 2 Tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Clove Garlic
- 0.13 Tsp Salt
- 0.13 Tsp Black Pepper
DIRECTIONSBroccoli rabe has 6- to 9-inch stalks and scattered clusters of tiny broccoli-like buds. It has a more bitter taste than its more familiar cousin. It takes beautifully to sautéing or braising. Feel free to substitute broccoli in this recipe if you prefer. Cut a 2-pound head of broccoli into small florets, then peel the stems and cut in 1/2-inch pieces.
- In a large, deep skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add garlic and pepper flakes; sauté 30 seconds.
- Add broccoli rabe, water, lemon juice and lemon zest; mix well. Cover skillet and cook over medium heat 8 minutes or until broccoli rabe is crisp-tender.
- Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Transfer to a serving dish and sprinkle with Parmesan.