Cook Time: 15 Minutes
Phase: Phase 2
- 0.25 Cup Sour Cream (Cultured)
- 3 Oz Mushroom Pieces and Stems
- 0.5 Cup, chopped Onions
- 1 Tablespoon Unsalted Butter Stick
- 2 Tbsp Canola Vegetable Oil
- 2 Oz Red Table Wine
- 0.13 Tsp Salt
- 1 Serving Dijon Mustard
- 1 Cup Beef Broth, Bouillon or Consomme
- 20 Oz, boneless, raw (yield after cooking) Steak
- 0.13 Tsp Black Pepper
- Heat oven to warm setting. Sprinkle meat with salt and pepper.
- In a large nonstick skillet heat oil over medium-high heat. Brown meat in batches, about 1 minute per side. Transfer to a platter and place in oven.
- Melt butter in skillet; add onion and cook 3 minutes, until softened. Add mushrooms. Cook 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until mushroom liquid evaporates.
- Add wine; cook 5 minutes. Stir in beef broth and cook 10 minutes, until mushrooms are coated with a thick sauce. Stir in sour cream and mustard. Add meat and accumulated juices.
- Reduce heat to low and cook 2-3 minutes, until meat is heated through. Season to taste with salt and pepper.