Cook Time: 15 Minutes
Phase: Phase 2
- 1 1/4 Pound skirt steak or beef tenderloin, cut into 2x1-inch strips
- 1/8 Teaspoon salt
- 1/8 Teaspoon ground pepper
- 2 Tablespoon canola oil
- 1 Tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1/2 Cup finely chopped Spanish onion
- 3 Ounce small fresh white mushrooms
- 1/4 Cup dry red wine
- 1 Cup beef broth
- 1/4 Cup sour cream
- 1 Teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Heat oven to warm setting. Sprinkle meat with salt and pepper.
- In a large nonstick skillet heat oil over medium-high heat. Brown meat in batches, about 1 minute per side. Transfer to a platter and place in oven.
- Melt butter in skillet; add onion and cook 3 minutes, until softened. Add mushrooms. Cook 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until mushroom liquid evaporates.
- Add wine; cook 5 minutes. Stir in beef broth and cook 10 minutes, until mushrooms are coated with a thick sauce. Stir in sour cream and mustard. Add meat and accumulated juices.
- Reduce heat to low and cook 2-3 minutes, until meat is heated through. Season to taste with salt and pepper.