Atkins introduces six ways to shape up with tasty and convenient new products
DENVER, CO. (October 1, 2009) – Atkins Nutritionals Inc. (“Atkins™”), with its market-leading, weight-management products, has introduced six new additions to its popular Advantage®, Day Break™ and Endulge™ product lines. Ranging from the Day Break Fruit Crumble Bar to the decadent Endulge Nutty Fudge Brownie, Atkins offers consumers better nutrition and enjoyment in every delicious bite. Products will be available online at Atkins.com and wherever Atkins products are sold nationwide by October 1, 2009.
From a nutritional standpoint, the new Atkins products speak to consumer desire for foods that are high in protein and fiber yet low in sugar. On average, the new Atkins bars include 6.8 g of protein, 7.6 g of fiber and only 1 g of sugar. Adding to these benefits, Atkins products are individually wrapped and portable, making them an easy on-the-go snack. Best of all, on average each product has 4 net carbs, enabling users to stay true to the proven Aktins Nutritional Approach wherever they go.
With its new product offerings, Atkins taps into the latest consumer flavor trends. Atkins new snack bars include chocolate, caramel and nut flavors, which are among the top 20 snack/energy bar flavors launched within the past year (Mintel GNPD Feb. 2009). New products such as the Chocolate Caramel Mousse Bar and Sweet & Salty Almond Crunch Bar reflect these emerging taste preferences.
“Our new bars and sweet snacks help consumers embrace Atkins as a lifestyle and not as a quick fix diet,” said Jennifer McGhee, VP of Marketing for Atkins Nutritionals, Inc. “As a snack or occasional meal replacement, our new products provide the low-carb, high-protein content people want without the added sugar. The products help people manage their weight without sacrificing great taste.”
So what are you waiting for? Enjoy the following new Atkins products today:
- Sweet & Salty Almond Crunch Bar (SRP $8.49 for a 5 pack) – Crunchy almonds and sunflower seeds with a sweet, delicious coating. With plenty of protein, fiber, vitamins and minerals and only a few net carbs, you can enjoy this satisfying snack anytime.
- Caramel Chocolate Nut Roll (SRP $6.15 for a 5 pack) – Loaded with caramel, peanuts and chocolate for a satisfying candy bar taste. This is a healthy alternative to candy bars and packed with plenty of protein and fiber.
- Chocolate Oatmeal Fiber Bar (SRP $5.99 for a 5 pack) – Start your morning with the taste of wholesome rolled oats drizzled with sweet milk chocolate. Made with an optimum blend of protein, fiber and calcium, it’s perfect for breakfast or a mid-morning snack.
- Fruit Crumble (SRP $5.99 for a 5 pack) – It is like a crumb cake yet packed with nutrition. Whole grains with a blueberry-apple-plum top layer, creamy white frosting drizzle and yogurt-flavored bottom coating. Dessert for breakfast? Why not when it’s Atkins.
- Nutty Fudge Brownie (SRP $5.49 for a 5 pack) – Eat a rich, fudgy brownie on a diet – and still lose weight. Endulge Nutty Fudge Brownies are moist and chewy with walnuts, a chocolate coating and only 1 gram of sugar. So there’s no guilt – just amazing taste and smart nutrition.
- Chocolate Caramel Mousse Bar (SRP $5.49 for a 5 pack)– Whipped chocolate center, topped with a layer of caramel and a rich, chocolaty coating. The new Endulge Chocolate Caramel Mousse Bar tastes like a guilty pleasure. You can have one every day and never stray from your program.
About Atkins Nutritionals, Inc.
Atkins Nutritionals, Inc., is a leading player in the $2.4 billion dollar weight control nutrition category, and offers a powerful lifetime approach to weight loss and weight management. The Atkins Nutritional Approach focuses on a healthy diet with reduced levels of refined carbohydrates and refined sugars and encourages the consumption of lean protein, fiber, fruits, vegetables and good fats. Backed by research and consumer success stories, this approach allows the body to burn more fat and work more efficiently while helping individuals feel less hungry, more satisfied and more energetic.
Atkins Nutritionals, Inc. manufactures and sells a variety of nutrition bars, foods and shakes designed around the nutrition principles of the Atkins Diet™. Atkins’ four product lines: Advantage®, Day Break™, Endulge™ and Cuisine™ appeal to a broad audience of both men and women who want to achieve their weight management goals and enjoy a healthier lifestyle. Atkins products are available in more than 30,000 locations throughout the U.S. and internationally. For more information, visit atkins.com.
CONTACT: Andrea Davidoff
RF|Binder for Atkins