White Wine Sangria
Cook Time: 120 Minutes
Phase: Phase 2
- 1 Fruit (2-1/8" dia) Lemon
- 0.5 Fruit (2" dia) Limes
- 12 Small (1" dia) Strawberries
- 8 Fl oz Club Soda
- 2 Serving Raspberry Zinger Herbal Tea
- 1 Cup Tap Water
- 2 Serving White Zinfandel
- 2 Tsp Cinnamon
- 0.67 Tsp Cloves (Ground)
- 15 Tbsp Sucralose Based Sweetener (Sugar Substitute)
- Trim off the end and thinly slice half of the lemon; set aside. Using a vegetable peeler, peel 3 (1 1/2-inch-long) strips of lemon rind off the remaining lemon half and place in a small saucepan.
- Add water, cloves and preferably a cinnamon stick; bring to a simmer and cook, covered, 10 minutes. Remove from heat, add the tea bags and steep 5 minutes. Remove tea bags, pressing well to extract tea; discard bags.
- Refrigerate tea mixture until well chilled, at least 1 hour. Combine wine and tea mixture in a large pitcher. Stir in sugar substitute to taste. Add strawberries, orange (if available), lime and reserved lemon slices; refrigerate at least 1 hour or up to 48 hours.
- Just before serving, stir in the club soda. Serve in chilled glasses over ice, spooning in some of the fruit with the sangria.