White Wine Sangria
Cook Time: 15 Minutes
Phase: Phase 2
- 1 fruit (2-1/8" dia) Lemon
- 1 cup Tap Water
- 2 tsp Cinnamon
- 2 tea bag Raspberry Zinger Herbal Tea
- 2 glass White Zinfandel
- 5 tbsp Sucralose Based Sweetener (Sugar Substitute)
- 0.67 tsp Cloves (Ground)
- 12 small (1" dia) Strawberries
- 0.5 fruit (2" dia) Limes
- 8 fl oz Club Soda
- Trim off the end and thinly slice half of the lemon; set aside. Using a vegetable peeler, peel 3 (1 1/2-inch-long) strips of lemon rind off the remaining lemon half and place in a small saucepan.
- Add water, cloves and preferably a cinnamon stick; bring to a simmer and cook, covered, 10 minutes. Remove from heat, add the tea bags and steep 5 minutes. Remove tea bags, pressing well to extract tea; discard bags.
- Refrigerate tea mixture until well chilled, at least 1 hour. Combine wine and tea mixture in a large pitcher. Stir in sugar substitute to taste. Add strawberries, orange (if available), lime and reserved lemon slices; refrigerate at least 1 hour or up to 48 hours.
- Just before serving, stir in the club soda. Serve in chilled glasses over ice, spooning in some of the fruit with the sangria.