Have an Atkins Friendly Halloween with Healthy Halloween Treats & Snacks
Halloween is one of the hardest days of the year to eat healthy. Between trick-or-treating and discounted candy at the grocery store, the temptation to feast on unhealthy sweets is everywhere.
It’s okay to indulge a little on Halloween—just try to choose treats without added sugar .Here are some easy ways to know what healthy Halloween treats to look for:
- If you have the choice between white, milk and dark chocolate, go for the unsweetened dark chocolate. Dark chocolate is good for your heart and full of antioxidants.
- Sugar-free gum and lollipops are a good way to satisfy your sweet tooth without destroying your diet. Plus, sucking on a lollipop or chewing gum will keep your mouth occupied so you won’t be tempted to eat more. Sugar-free candy is typically lower in carbs, too.
- Can’t resist a piece of your favorite unhealthy candy? Enjoy a sugar free substitute to get the taste you’re craving without going overboard.
- Choose candy made from natural ingredients like chocolate and nuts. Plus, peanut and peanut butter options have protein, which can keep you feeling full longer.
There are also plenty of healthy Halloween snacks to choose from when you host or attend a Halloween party. The following are good low carb options perfect for your Halloween spread:
- This cute recipe for blue cheese ghosts is easy to make and perfectly on theme for Halloween.
- Deviled eggs are a delicious low carb appetizer for any party, but they’re especially perfect for Halloween. Not only does their name sound scary, but mixing the yolk filling with green food coloring instantly turns them into deviled egg “eyeballs.”
- Pumpkin is one of fall’s most popular flavors, and a pumpkin cheesecake can be a healthy way to enjoy it. This pumpkin pecan cheesecake is made with a pecan crust for a sweet, low carb treat.
It’s definitely possible to indulge on Halloween without ruining your low carb diet when you make an effort to choose healthy Halloween treats. Do you have favorite healthy Halloween snacks that we missed?