Bake Healthy Holiday Cookies with Low Carb Cookie Recipes
It can be hard to maintain a healthy diet during the holidays. Between holiday parties, family get-togethers and sweet treats from friends, the holiday season is full of tempting treats that aren't always friendly to a healthy low carb diet.
One easy way to maintain your healthy eating habits this season is to bake healthy holiday cookies (yes, they do exist!);Atkins has several low carb cookie recipes to help you that will satisfy your sweet tooth. You don't have to avoid cookies entirely during the holidays to stay healthy and low carb—baking with healthier low carb ingredients is the perfect way to indulge with less guilt.
Keep this recipe for all purpose low carb baking mix on hand for easy cookie recipes this holiday season. It's a delicious way to turn your favorite holiday cookie recipes into healthy holiday cookies you can feel good about eating and sharing:
All Purpose Low-Carb Baking Mix
- ¼ cup wheat bran
- 5 ounces (2/3 cup) no sugar added whey protein isolate
- 5 ounces (2/3 cup) wheat gluten
- 1 1/8 cups (1 cup + 2 Tbsp.) soy flour
- ¼ cup golden flaxseed meal
Directions: Combine all ingredients and mix thoroughly. Use immediately or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to one month.
Once you have your low carb baking mix prepared, you can get started baking all kinds of easy and delicious healthy holiday cookies. They taste so good you won't even remember they're low carb! Try out the following low carb cookie recipes—some call for the low carb baking mix and others call for ingredients you probably have on hand already:
- Peanut butter lovers will love these chocolate peanut butter cookies. They're a low carb way to enjoy one of the most popular flavor combinations!
- Decorating cookies is one of the best parts of the holiday season and is a fun way to entertain kids. Make these easy low carbholiday cookies and let kids have fun decorating with icing or sprinkles.
- This classic chocolate chip cookie recipe is sure to be a hit at any holiday cookie exchange. Use your all-purpose low-carb baking mix for this easy recipe.
- Make these cherry hazelnut biscotti to give out as gifts for friends, teachers and neighbors. They're perfect for the coffee-lover in your life.
When you make healthy holiday cookies, it's easy to stay on track with your low carb diet. Try out Atkins' low carb cookie recipes this winter and enjoy!