Finding Your Perfect Pre-Wedding Diet Plan
Brides want to look and feel beautiful on their wedding days; many brides make a pre-wedding diet part of their pre-wedding preparation. Figuring out where to start can be stressful, though—especially when you’re busy with wedding planning! Luckily, Atkins has easy tips to help you get started on a healthy wedding diet plan that can help you reach your goals. Try out the following strategies to slim down and feel great:
For the best pre-wedding results, choose a wedding diet plan that works with your schedule and that you feel comfortable following. Use our pre-wedding diet tips and you’ll be sure to look and feel amazing on your wedding day.
- Set realistic goals for yourself. Most brides want to look like the best versions of themselves on their wedding days and not be unrecognizable, so set a series of small, achievable goals to lose weight at a normal pace and gradually shape your new figure.
- Whatever you do, don’t start crash dieting a few weeks before the big day. Crash diets tend to be unhealthy and you’ll be less likely to keep the weight off permanently. Start your pre-wedding diet early to give yourself as much time as possible to lose weight.
- Getting regular exercise is one of the best ways to slim down for your wedding. You don’t have to be crazy about it, though; work with your schedule and don’t sacrifice sleep or nutritious meals in order to hit the gym.
- Skipping meals is unhealthy and will make it more likely that you’ll binge eat later on. Focus on portion control and making better food choices instead of completely eliminating foods from your pre-wedding diet. Eat small, nutritious meals throughout the day that are packed with high fiber vegetables, and protein choices like eggs, chicken, fish and lean meat. Incorporate healthy fats like avocado and nuts, and a good snack or breakfast can be plain Greek Yogurt topped with berries and slivered almonds.
- Sampling cakes and appetizers is one of the best parts of planning a wedding, so don’t miss out! Have fun sampling the treats you’ll serve on your big day, but make sure to balance it out with healthier meals before and after your tastings.
- Tracking your meals is a great way to stay on track with a wedding diet plan. Download a mobile weight loss tracker or carb counter app to easily stay on top of what you’re eating no matter where you are.
- When you choose the venues for your bridal shower, rehearsal dinner and other wedding-related events, make sure to pick places where you know you’ll be able to have a nutritious meal. Or, consider hosting some of these events at home to have even more control over what you’re eating.
Disclaimer: Nothing contained on this Site is intended to provide health care advice. Should you have any health care-related questions, please call or see your physician or other health care provider. Consult your physician or health care provider before beginning the Atkins Diet as you would any other weight loss or weight maintenance program. The weight loss phases of the Atkins Diet should not be used by persons on dialysis or by pregnant or nursing women.