Atkins helps you
Tomato Deviled Eggs
ACCESS OUR DATABASE OF OVER 1,600 FREE
ATKINS-FRIENDLY RECIPES. CLICK HERE!
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
12 large eggs
2 1/2 Tablespoons mayonnaise
1 1/2 Tablespoons sour cream
2 Tablespoons sun-dried tomatoes in oil, drained and finely minced, or 2 teaspoons sun-dried tomato paste
2 Teaspoons minced shallots
1 Teaspoon Dijon mustard
1/4 Teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Place eggs in a large saucepan in a single layer covered with 1-inch of water. Bring to a boil; cover, remove from heat and let stand 20 minutes.
- Run unpeeled eggs under cold water until cool to make them easy to peel.
- Peel and halve eggs lengthwise. Set aside white halves on a plate.
- Transfer yolks to a medium mixing bowl and mash with mayonnaise, sour cream, sun-dried tomatoes, shallots, mustard, hot sauce, salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- Spoon filling into egg halves evenly, mounding slightly. Serve immediately or refrigerate in an airtight container.
Disclaimer: Nothing contained on this Site is intended to provide health care advice. Should you have any health care-related questions, please call or see your physician or other health care provider. Consult your physician or health care provider before beginning the Atkins Diet as you would any other weight loss or weight maintenance program. The weight loss phases of the Atkins Diet should not be used by persons on dialysis or by pregnant or nursing women.