Atkins helps you
ACCESS OUR DATABASE OF OVER 1,600 FREE
ATKINS-FRIENDLY RECIPES. CLICK HERE!
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
- 24 large or jumbo shrimp
- 2 Tablespoons horseradish sauce
- 1 Tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1/2 red bell pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 Teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 Tablespoons green salsa
- 1/4 Cup parsley leaves, stems removed
- 1 green onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 Teaspoons olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon chopped chives
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Peel shrimp (leave tails on, if desired). Remove black veins from each shrimp with a small sharp knife; rinse shrimp. Cook shrimp 3 to 5 minutes just until opaque and cooked through. Remove with a slotted spoon and refresh under cold water (shrimp may be made 1 day ahead).
- In a food processor or blender, process horseradish, mayonnaise, bell pepper and Worcestershire sauce until fairly smooth. Transfer to a bowl; clean bowl of food processor.
- Process salsa, parsley, onion and oil until fairly smooth. On each serving plate, place 1 tablespoon red sauce and 1 tablespoon green sauce side by side.
- Spread sauces out toward the edge of the plate with the tip of a knife. Arrange 4 shrimp in a circular pattern over sauce.
- Sprinkle with chopped chives and serve
Disclaimer: Nothing contained on this Site is intended to provide health care advice. Should you have any health care-related questions, please call or see your physician or other health care provider. Consult your physician or health care provider before beginning the Atkins Diet as you would any other weight loss or weight maintenance program. The weight loss phases of the Atkins Diet should not be used by persons on dialysis or by pregnant or nursing women.