Atkins helps you
Passover Nut Torte
ACCESS OUR DATABASE OF OVER 1,600 FREE
ATKINS-FRIENDLY RECIPES. CLICK HERE!
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
- 1 cooking spray for greasing the pan
- 2/3 Cup granular sugar substitute (sucralose), divided
- 8 large eggs, separated
- 3/4 Cup hazelnuts, finely ground
- 1 Teaspoon orange zest
- 20 Ounce-weights 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen unsweetened raspberries, thawed
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 9-inch springform pan with oil spray and dust with sugar substitute.
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed, mix egg yolks and 1/2 cup sugar substitute until creamy and fluffy, about 4 minutes. Fold in nuts and zest with a rubber spatula.
- In another large bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed, beat whites until stiff peaks form, about 4 minutes. Fold one third of the whites into nut batter, then fold in the remainder.
- Transfer batter to pan and bake until cake springs back when lightly touched in center, about 35 minutes. Cool in pan on a rack 30 minutes before removing.
- While cake is cooling, purée raspberries and lemon juice in a food processor or blender until smooth. Sweeten to taste with granular sugar substitute about 2 tablespoons.
Disclaimer: Nothing contained on this Site is intended to provide health care advice. Should you have any health care-related questions, please call or see your physician or other health care provider. Consult your physician or health care provider before beginning the Atkins Diet as you would any other weight loss or weight maintenance program. The weight loss phases of the Atkins Diet should not be used by persons on dialysis or by pregnant or nursing women.