Atkins helps you
Salmon in Tomatoes
ACCESS OUR DATABASE OF OVER 1,600 FREE
ATKINS-FRIENDLY RECIPES. CLICK HERE!
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
1/2 medium tomato, core and seeds removed
1/8 Teaspoon Italian seasoning or herb blend
1/8 Teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
1 Ounce smoked salmon (lox)
1 1/4 large eggs
1/2 Tablespoon fresh chives
1/4 Teaspoon grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 Tablespoon cream cheese
1 Cup sliced fennel
1/2 Cup chopped jicama
1 Serving Sweet Mustard Dressing
1/2 Cup cooked wild rice
- Preheat broiler.
- Cut tomato in half and scoop out seeds. Drizzle with a little olive oil and sprinkle with herbs. Broil for about 3 minutes to heat up tomato. Turn off broiler and close oven door.
- Meanwhile, cook the eggs, salmon, cream cheese and chives together in a nonstick skillet.
- Remove tomato from the oven and fill with the egg mixture. Sprinkle with the Parmesan cheese.
- Cook wild rice according to package instructions.
- Combine the fennel and diced jicama with the dressing. Serve with rice and tomato.
Disclaimer: Nothing contained on this Site is intended to provide health care advice. Should you have any health care-related questions, please call or see your physician or other health care provider. Consult your physician or health care provider before beginning the Atkins Diet as you would any other weight loss or weight maintenance program. The weight loss phases of the Atkins Diet should not be used by persons on dialysis or by pregnant or nursing women.