Atkins helps you
ACCESS OUR DATABASE OF OVER 1,600 FREE
ATKINS-FRIENDLY RECIPES. CLICK HERE!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
- 4 Ounces unsweetened baking chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 8 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 Tablespoons water
- 3/4 Cup granular sugar substitute (sucralose), divided
- 2 Tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 Teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 large eggs, at room temperature
- Heat oven to 325°F. Grease an 8-inch spring form pan and line the bottom with parchment paper; grease paper and set aside.
- Melt chocolate, butter and water in the top of a double boiler set over simmering water, stirring to combine. Remove from heat and transfer to a large bowl; cool to room temperature. Add ¼ cup of the sugar substitute, the cocoa powder and vanilla extract to chocolate mixture, stirring until combined.
- In a medium bowl, with an electric mixer on medium-high, beat eggs until mixture forms thick ribbons when beater is lifted, about 6 minutes. Reduce speed to medium; gradually add remaining ½ cup sugar substitute and beat until combined, 1 minute. Stir one-third of the egg mixture into the chocolate mixture to lighten. In two additions, fold in remaining egg mixture until well combined.
- Pour batter into prepared pan, smoothing top. Bake until evenly risen and almost set, 40-45 minutes (it will look like a brownie). Cool completely on a wire rack. To serve, run a knife around edge of pan and remove rim. Cut into 12 pieces and serve with whipped cream (optional).
Disclaimer: Nothing contained on this Site is intended to provide health care advice. Should you have any health care-related questions, please call or see your physician or other health care provider. Consult your physician or health care provider before beginning the Atkins Diet as you would any other weight loss or weight maintenance program. The weight loss phases of the Atkins Diet should not be used by persons on dialysis or by pregnant or nursing women.