Atkins helps you
Chicken w/ Squash
ACCESS OUR DATABASE OF OVER 1,600 FREE
ATKINS-FRIENDLY RECIPES. CLICK HERE!
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Use the Atkins recipe to make Italian Dressing
as a marinade for the chicken and as the dressing for the salad.
- Heat grill to medium, or heat broiler. Meanwhile, spoon 1 tablespoon (1/2 oz) salad dressing over chicken breast coating thoroughly. Sprinkle with a little salt and pepper and let stand until grill is ready.
- In a medium bowl, toss squash slices with oil until coated on all sides. Sprinkle with remaining salt, pepper and the thyme; toss again to combine.
- Arrange chicken breasts and squash slices in a single layer on grill. Cook squash just until partially softened, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate. (Be sure to discard any leftover marinade.)
- Cook chicken until juices run clear when pierced with a fork and an instant-read meat thermometer registers 170°F when inserted into the thickest part of breast, 8 to 10 minutes per side.
- In a small bowl, combine 1 tablespoon salad dressing and the ketchup. Place chicken and squash on a plate and spoon ketchup mixture over the chicken.
- Mix greens, chopped tomatoes, cheese and toss with remaining 1 tablespoon dressing. Serve with chicken and squash.
Disclaimer: Nothing contained on this Site is intended to provide health care advice. Should you have any health care-related questions, please call or see your physician or other health care provider. Consult your physician or health care provider before beginning the Atkins Diet as you would any other weight loss or weight maintenance program. The weight loss phases of the Atkins Diet should not be used by persons on dialysis or by pregnant or nursing women.