Nutritional Information Per Serving:
- 2 pounds chicken breasts
- ¾ lb Boston or bibb lettuce, torn into bite-size pieces
- 2 cups thinly sliced red cabbage
- 3 medium celery stalks, chopped
- 1 cup cauliflower florets
- 8 button mushrooms, sliced
- 1/3 medium cucumber, sliced
- ½ cup chopped zucchini or yellow squash
- 10 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 6 hard-boiled eggs, coarsely chopped
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- ¼ cup water
- 1 ½ teaspoons fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon dried tarragon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 6 ounces Irish or other blue cheese, crumbled
1. Preheat a grill. Season chicken with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Grill until it is no longer pink and the juices run clear; about 10 minutes turning once. Set aside and then cut into slices.
2. Make salad: in a large bowl, toss together lettuce, cabbage, chopped celery, cauliflower, sliced mushrooms, chopped cucumber, chopped zucchini, tomatoes and diced eggs.
3. Make dressing: in a medium bowl, combine mayonnaise, heavy cream, water, rosemary, tarragon, ¼ teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon black pepper. Whisk until well blended, then stir in cheese.
4. Just before serving, pour dressing over salad, and toss well. Top with slice grilled chicken.