Atkins helps you
Baked Salmon Pepper Puree
ACCESS OUR DATABASE OF OVER 1,600 FREE
ATKINS-FRIENDLY RECIPES. CLICK HERE!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon unsalted butter
- 20 Ounces salmon fillet, cut into 4 portions
- 1/4 Teaspoon salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 Pounds bok choy, cut into 1 1/2 pieces
- 1/2 Teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 Ounces roasted red pepper, patted dry
- 2 Ounces salsa
- Heat oven to 475°F.
- Place olive oil and butter in a skillet large enough to hold fish in a single layer. Place in oven 3 minutes, until butter melts.
- Season fish with salt and pepper. Place fish flesh side down in prepared skillet. Bake 10 minutes, turning carefully once halfway through cooking time, until just cooked through. Remove from skillet; tent with foil to keep warm.
- Add chopped bok choy and lemon peel to skillet. Stir to coat with oil in pan.
- Place in oven 1 minute, until leaves are wilted and stems are warmed through.
- Purée peppers and salsa in a blender for 30 seconds. Divide greens on four plates; top each with a piece of fish. Place a dollop of purée over each piece of fish.
Disclaimer: Nothing contained on this Site is intended to provide health care advice. Should you have any health care-related questions, please call or see your physician or other health care provider. Consult your physician or health care provider before beginning the Atkins Diet as you would any other weight loss or weight maintenance program. The weight loss phases of the Atkins Diet should not be used by persons on dialysis or by pregnant or nursing women.