In its almost 40-year evolution, the Atkins Diet has undergone a number of modifications reflecting emerging nutritional science. The New Atkins for a New You
diet book reflects the latest thinking on a healthy diet and nutrition and introduces several significant changes that make Atkins simpler to follow, more versatile and sustainable for a lifetime of healthy eating. Simplicity, versatility and sustainability are all essential for any diet to deliver long term results. Updates in The New Atkins for a New You
A daily healthy eating requires for at least five servings of high-fiber “foundation vegetables”
- Easy ways to reduce or eliminate symptoms that may accompany the initial conversion to a low-carb eating approach
- Advice on how to smooth the transition from one phase to the next, ensuring the gradual and natural adoption of healthy, permanent eating habits
- A choice of two paths to take in Phase 4, Lifetime Maintenance
- Detailed suggestions on how and what to eat on the road, in fast-food places and in all kinds of restaurants
- Introduction of concepts such as the “the metabolic bully” and the “Atkins Edge,” which simplify the complexities of human metabolism
Additional features include:
- Inspiring success stories from people who've lost anywhere from 10 to more than 100 pounds while addressing various health issues. Some of these people are still in the process of achieving their goal weights; others have kept excess pounds off for years.
- Myths and Realities: These sidebars puncture some of the myths about Atkins with research-based facts.
- Lists of acceptable foods for each phase
- Suggestions for delicious breakfasts, snacks and desserts
- Meal plans for all four phases, including vegetarian and vegan options
- Tips for eating out, including specific dishes to enjoy and avoid at 10 fast-food franchises