LOSE up to 15 POUNDS in 2 WEEKS!
THE NEW ATKINS FOR A NEW YOU COOKBOOK
200 Simple and Delicious Low-Carb Recipes in 30 Minutes or Less
by COLETTE HEIMOWITZ
Vice President of Nutrition and Education at Atkins Nutritionals, Inc.
The 2010 bestseller The New Atkins for a New You introduced a healthier, fresher, and easier way to lose and maintain weight through a low-carb lifestyle—and dieters all over the world ate it up! After more than thirty weeks on the New York Times bestseller list and nearly half a million copies in print, sales are still going strong.
But the #1 request among Atkins followers? More Atkins-friendly recipes! Now, THE NEW ATKINS FOR A NEW YOU COOKBOOK: 200 Simple and Delicious Low-Carb Recipes in 30 Minutes or Less (January 2012; Touchstone; 978-1-4516-6084-5; Paperback/$19.99) by Colette Heimowitz, M.Sc., delivers. It is the first cookbook to incorporate the proven, delicious, and satisfying Atkins Diet—explaining the essentials and offering more than 200 tasty Atkins-friendly recipes that have never before been published in print or online.
The original recipes are QUICK (with prep time of 30 minutes or less), SIMPLE (most use 10 or fewer ingredients), ACCESSIBLE (made primarily with ingredients found in supermarkets), and DELICIOUS (you’ll be amazed that low-carb food can be this fresh and tasty!).
This definitive Atkins cookbook features numerous full-color photos and easy-to-follow instructions to keep anyone on track and satisfied through breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert, and everything in between with:
· BREAKFAST & BRUNCH DISHES – Starting the day with a low-carb breakfast means the body will continue to burn primarily fat, including body fat, for energy. But does breakfast on Atkins mean having eggs morning after morning? No way! Go beyond scrambled eggs with Spicy Pecan Pancakes, Ginger-Spice Muffins, Cheddar-Dill Scones, and even a Mocha Smoothie.
· SNACKS, APPETIZERS & HORS D’OEUVRES – Smart snacking can actually help with losing (or maintaining) weight. The ideal snack is low in carbs, but has enough protein and fat to make you feel pleasantly full. Great choices include Spicy Black Bean Dip, Cheese-Stuffed Cherry Tomatoes, Lime-Chili Grilled Wings, and other satisfying bites.
· VEGETABLES & OTHER SIDES – Nutrient-rich veggies are core carbohydrates in the Atkins lifestyle. Add variety with 30 low-carb upgrades such as Green Beans with Lemon and Cumin and Spaghetti Squash with Cinnamon-Spice Butter.
· CHICKEN & TURKEY ENTRÉES – Whether part of a fast weeknight supper, a luncheon salad, or a holiday feast, poultry is always versatile and satisfying. Dishes include Thai Chicken Curry, Chicken and Apple Sausage Patties, and Mexican-Style Turkey Meatloaf.
· BEEF, PORK, LAMB & VEAL ENTRÉES – Meat is often the centerpiece of meals and a primary source of protein, whether a simple grilled steak, succulent pork chops, or elegant veal roast. Savor Skirt Steak with Chimichurri Sauce, Beef and Asian Vegetable Stir Fry, Roasted Pork Tenderloin with Maple-Mustard Sauce, and more.
· FISH & SHELLFISH ENTRÉES – Fish provide a host of nutritional benefits, supplying omega-3 fats, protein, B vitamins, and more. Getting the recommended two to three servings a week is easy with mouth-watering choices like Almond-Crusted Catfish Fingers, Swordfish Kebabs with Scallions, and Maryland Steamed Crabs.
· VEGETARIAN ENTRÉES – Proof that a low-carb lifestyle is not synonymous with meat—and that vegetarian food can taste great—includes Scrambled Tofu Burritos, Tempeh-Roasted Cauliflower and Peppers with Curried Cashew Sauce, and Tomato and Leek Gratin with Gruyère and Walnuts.
· DESSERTS – Delectable desserts are on the menu from day one! Indulge in more than 35 decadent treats from Vanilla Meringues to Pineapple Upside-Down Cake and four (yes, four!) different kinds of cheesecake.
· PLUS SANDWICHES, WRAPS, PIZZA, SALADS, SOUPS, STEWS & MORE!
Each recipe is specially developed, tested, and nutritionally analyzed to be in full compliance with the Atkins Diet.
More than just a diet—Atkins is a balanced lifestyle that focuses on weight management from Day 1, ensuring that once the weight is off, it’s off for good. Helping even the busiest people get great low-carb meals on the table in minimal time with minimal effort, The New Atkins for a New You Cookbook provides the perfect plan for a lifetime of healthy, enjoyable eating.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
COLETTE HEIMOWITZ, M.Sc., is the vice president of nutrition and education at Atkins Nutritionals, Inc. She has more than 25 years of experience as a nutritionist.
Visit www.atkins.com or www.simonandschuster.com to learn more.
THE NEW ATKINS FOR A NEW YOU COOKBOOK
By Colette Heimowitz
$19.99 / paperback
Touchstone, an imprint of Simon & Schuster