For the first time, Atkins offers cookies in addition to new flavors of its best-selling snack bars
DENVER, CO. (Sept. 27, 2010) – Atkins Nutritionals Inc. (“Atkins™”), with its market-leading, weight-management products, has introduced five new additions to its popular Advantage®, Day Break™, and Endulge™ product lines. In addition to delicious new bars such as Advantage Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough and Day Break Chocolate Hazelnut, Atkins unveiled two varieties of Endulge cookies for the first time. With flavors like Double Chocolate Chunk and Chewy Peanut Butter, Endulge cookies offer consumers a better way to enjoy sweet snacks while embracing low-carb eating.
These new flavors will be available online at www.Atkins.com and wherever Atkins products are sold nationwide by October 31, 2010.
“We constantly listen to our customers so we can bring them the best-tasting bars and snacks, without the added sugars and extra carbs. The concept of a low-carb cookie tested extremely well with Atkins followers and weight-conscious consumers,” said Atkins CEO, Monty Sharma. “Our new products will help people manage their weight without sacrificing great taste, enabling them to enjoy Atkins as a healthy lifestyle.”
Atkins is always on the lookout for what flavors consumers want in their snack products, and this year chocolate and nuts topped the list of popular ingredients. In fact, almost 60% of shoppers purchase nutritional products that contain chocolate (Source: Murphy Marketing Product Concept Testing, February 2010).
From a nutritional standpoint, the new Atkins products speak to consumer desire for foods that are high in protein and fiber yet low in sugar. On average, the new Atkins bars boast 7 grams of protein, 9 grams of fiber and only 3.6 grams net carbs per serving. Adding to these benefits, Atkins products are individually wrapped and portable, making them a convenient snack.
New Atkins products include:
- Coconut Almond Delight Bar (SRP $6.99 for a 5-pack) – A classic treat of almonds and sweetened coconut dipped in chocolate that makes for a chewy, crunchy, sweet treat without a lot of sugar or carbs. The Coconut Almond Delight Bar has 7 grams protein, 2 grams net carbs, and 1 gram sugar.
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bar (SRP $9.49 for a 5-pack) – This scrumptious bar is made with the creamy taste of cookie dough and sweet chocolate chip morsels all enrobed in milk chocolate. The Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bar has 15 grams protein, 3 grams net carbs, and 1 gram sugar.
- Chocolate Hazelnut Bar (SRP $6.49 for a 5-pack) – With chunks of real hazelnuts drizzled with milk chocolate and only a few net carbs, your morning snack has never felt this decadent and healthy. The Chocolate Hazelnut Bar has 6 grams protein, 3 grams net carbs, and 1 gram sugar.
- Chewy Peanut Butter Cookie (SRP $5.99 for a 5-pack) – With only 1 gram of sugar, you can indulge in memories of grandma’s baking without sacrificing one bit of taste! The Chewy Peanut Butter Cookie has 4 grams protein, 5 grams net carbs, and 0 grams sugar.
- Double Chocolate Chunk Cookie (SRP $5.99 for a 5-pack) – Never has a low-carb cookie tasted so delicious and been so nutritious. With a decadent cocoa flavor and big fudge chunks, you’ll never crave a high carb cookie again! The Double Chocolate Chunk Cookie has 3 grams protein, 5 grams net carbs, and 0 grams sugar.
The following bars, currently available in market, complement Atkins new product introductions:
- Advantage Dark Chocolate Almond Coconut Crunch Bar ($6.99 for a 5-pack) – A combination of crunchy almonds, toasted coconut, and dark chocolate. The Dark Chocolate Almond Coconut Crunch Bar has 5 grams protein, 4 net carbs, and 2 grams sugar.
- Advantage Dark Chocolate Decadence Bar ($6.99 for a 5-pack) – An irresistible dark chocolate treat with dark fudge and a caramel drizzle. The Dark Chocolate Decadence Bar has 10 grams protein, 4 net carbs, and 1 gram sugar.
About Atkins Nutritionals, Inc.
Atkins Nutritionals, Inc., is a leading player in the $2.4 billion weight control nutrition category, and offers a powerful lifetime approach to weight loss and weight management. The Atkins Nutritional Approach focuses on a healthy diet with reduced levels of refined carbohydrates and added sugars and encourages the consumption of protein, fiber, fruits, vegetables and good fats. Backed by research and consumer success stories, this approach allows the body to burn more fat and work more efficiently while helping individuals feel less hungry, more satisfied and more energetic.
Atkins Nutritionals, Inc., manufactures and sells a variety of nutrition bars, foods and shakes designed around the nutritional principles of the Atkins Diet™. Atkins’ four product lines: Advantage®, Day Break™, Endulge™ and Cuisine™ appeal to a broad audience of both men and women who want to achieve their weight management goals and enjoy a healthier lifestyle. Atkins products are available in more than 30,000 locations throughout the U.S. and internationally. For more information, visit atkins.com.