Losing baby weight can be a lengthy and frustrating process. Abdominal muscles stretch and separate when you’re pregnant and can stay separated even after giving birth, which can leave you with lingering tummy flab.
However, dropping that pesky extra baby weight is certainly possible! One of the easiest healthy ways to lose weight and boost energy is to follow a healthy diet. Use these healthy diet tips to safely lose your extra baby weight:
- Remove unhealthy foods from your cupboards and refrigerator to avoid temptation. Instead, Stock your kitchen with healthier low carb foods such as tuna, eggs and plenty of vegetables like avocado, cucumbers, broccoli, radishes and mushrooms.
- Drinking water with every meal and eating a salad before dinner will help fill you up and is also an excellent way to ingest important nutrients and vitamins that new moms need.
- Eat low carb snacks throughout the day to curb your appetite and avoid giving into unhealthier options. Good low carb snacks include vegetables with guacamole dip, or hard boiled eggs, or a slice or two of turkey with cheese.
- Snacking during the day is fine, but refrain from indulging in late night snacks to maintain your body’s digestive cycle. If you need something to keep you afloat on a later night, try eating a low carb snack such as a plain Greek Yogurt or celery with two tablespoons of ranch dressing.
- If you eat similar meals and snacks each day and have stopped seeing results, try incorporating new items into your diet. For instance, if you normally start your day with eggs, try eating low carb breakfast bars instead. Sometimes a change in diet can help you lose the extra pounds.
- Don’t completely deprive yourself of sweets. When a sugar craving hits, indulge in a square of unsweetened dark chocolate or drink a glass of low carb chocolate protein drink. Small portions of low carb or no sugar added treats can satisfy cravings without derailing a healthy diet.
- If you’re feeling bloated and want to drop some water weight, snack on water-rich foods like asparagus and celery. These foods act as natural diuretics and can flush out excess fluid from your body.
These healthy ways to lose weight are safe for new moms and easy to incorporate into your daily routine. With these easy tricks, a healthy diet and a little patience, you’ll be sure to see results soon.