Mardi Gras is all about excess, but it’s possible to celebrate while still staying in complete control of your low carb diet. Even if you’re not anywhere close to New Orleans, indulging in traditional Mardi Gras food is an easy way to get the full Mardi Gras experience.
The following easy Cajun recipes will make you feel like you’re part of the Mardi Gras celebration without ever leaving your kitchen! They’re spicy, flavorful and best of all, perfect for a low carb diet. Try them out today and enjoy:
- Cajun Chicken with Okra: Kick up plain old chicken thighs with this easy recipe for Cajun Chicken with Okra. It’s perfect for anyone who likes a little spice in their life, since the chicken calls for Cajun-stewed tomatoes, red pepper flakes and hot pepper sauce! If you think chicken recipes are boring, this flavorful take on Mardi Gras food is sure to change your mind.
- Spicy Collards and Okra: Vegetarians and meat-eaters alike will love this recipe for Spicy Collards and Okra. Serve this easy side dish alongside everything from chicken to fish. It takes less than twenty minutes of actual prep time and makes a yummy addition to any Mardi Gras meal.
- Seafood Gumbo: It doesn’t get much more Southern than gumbo, and this hearty Seafood Gumbo is ideal for any Mardi Gras celebration. Fish and shrimp are combined with stewed tomatoes, chicken broth, onions, peppers and a little spice for a comforting meal packed with traditional Southern flavor.
- Baked Cajun Catfish: Before you make this Baked Cajun Catfish, you’ll need to mix up a batch of our tasty Cajun Rub. Made with paprika, oregano, salt, garlic powder, thyme and cayenne pepper, this classic blackening rub is a spicy way to add flavor to fish, poultry, pork chops and more. It’s especially tasty in this catfish recipe, where it’s combined with olive oil for a marinade that brings a definite kick.
- Cajun Blackened Tuna: If you’re not a fan of catfish, this Cajun Blackened Tuna is another great dinner recipe. The tuna steaks can be made on the stove top and only require two non-spice ingredients: tuna and butter. It doesn’t get much easier than that! And with a blend of eight spices, these tuna steaks are guaranteed to be delicious.
With these recipes, you’ll be able to bring the best flavors of New Orleans into your kitchen without ever deviating from your low carb diet! For other easy Cajun recipes, visit our recipe database.